And now for the normal mode version of this puppet: this time in felt. So all you need are rudimentary skills in printing, cutting, gluing, and waggling your finger. Oh and some felt.
Except I suck with glue. I make a mess, and things don’t stick. So I sewed mine.
Final product will look something like this:
Silly voices help too.
Normal mode Ragnaros (felt)
Normal mode raid composition
- Scraps of felt in yellow/orange/red and black or brown
- Beads, yarn or embroidery thread for his face/armour embellishments
- Craft glue and/or needles and thread
- Pens/pencils, tracing paper or a print out of the shapes provided
Normal mode strategy
Step 1. Draw or trace the shapes onto the felt.
You can print these and cut them out, or draw them yourself. Feel free to amend/adjust as needed. Click for larger size.
Step 2. Cut the pieces out of felt in the colours indicated. Note that some pieces you need two. Fold the felt in half to make cutting two pieces easier.
This is the pieces all cut out and placed roughly where they will go:
Step 3. Joining the pieces together
- Glue or stitch the body pieces together, leaving the bottom open.
- Attach the forehead piece, then place the face piece over the top.
- Add the face pieces in felt, or stitch with coloured thread/beads.
- Add the armor pieces: chest and bracers. Embellish with beads or colored thread if desired.
- Attach the shoulder flames, yellow first, then black over the top.
- Join the hammer pieces together and attach to his right hand
Step 4. Find a toddler to terrorize, or use to explain raid strategies to the children in your guild.
By fire be PURGED!